When entering motherhood, the question of “which diapers should I use?” is often thought about. There is no right answer except for deciding what works best for you and your baby. Like anything else, there are the pros and the cons to both cloth and disposable diapers. Feeling indecisive about which to choose? Below are a few key points on what you need to know about cloth and disposable diapers from this helpful resource at www.whattoexpect.com.
- Potty training typically starts sooner due to the baby noticing the lack of absorbance in the diaper
- Cloth diapers are more cost efficient, though initially a pricier investment
- Environmental friendly
- Messy cleanup
- More laundry
- Not as convenient, especially when changing diapers in public
- Quick and mess-free changes
- Most diapers are made hypoallergenic
- Easy to use
- Not environmentally friendly
- Potty training can be more difficult
- Increase of diaper rashes
Still undecided? Give one or the other a try and do what you think works best for your lifestyle. Also, talk to some of your fellow moms out there who may have experience with using either kind!